It’s back! Starting Sept. 7 through Oct. 12, SouthPark After Five brings a new lineup of musical acts and entertainment to Symphony Park every Thursday from 5 to 9 p.m. Enjoy live music, food trucks and drinks, and hands-on art experiences with Charlotte-based artists.
The six-week series, which attracted nearly 15,000 guests in its inaugural season, is free to attend and family- and dog-friendly. Bring your blankets and chairs. No outside beverages and coolers are permitted, but food is allowed inside the park. Check out the list of rotating food trucks and food options — including pre-order picnic baskets from Reid’s Fine Foods this season — here.
- Breakfast Club Ultimate 80s
- Go on a scavenger art hunt with ArtSearch and look for 30 mini art pieces designed by Carolina artists.
- Landslide NC: A Tribute to Fleetwood Mac
- Throw paint at a canvas and help Splatter Charlotte create five community art pieces — all of which will be given away raffle-style at SouthPark After Five.
- Coconut Groove Band – Steely Dan Tribute
- Say cheese, take a photo with Queen Charlotte and be part of an interactive photo installation designed by Lauren Reddick.
- Chicago Rewired Tribute
- Caricatures of pets and people
- One Irish Rover – Van Morrison Tribute
- Watch an artist at work, spray-painting a special SouthPark-themed glow-in-the-dark art piece.
- Thurston Howell Band – A Premier Yacht Rock Spectacular
- Usher in fall with a SouthPark pumpkin patch
Symphony Park is located at 4400 Sharon Rd., on the corner of Barclay Downs Drive and Carnegie Boulevard, adjacent to SouthPark Mall. Parking is available in the SouthPark Mall parking lots.
SouthPark magazine is a media partner for SouthPark After Five. The entertainment series is presented by SouthPark Community Partners, an independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to lead SouthPark’s advancement by driving economic vitality, creating memorable experiences and ensuring an extraordinary quality of life. Read more about how SCP advocates for SouthPark here. SP